Befuddled by technology? Book a 30-minute session to get help with your questions so that you can get your work done.
Help is provided either by QPL’s volunteer tech tutors or by the librarians at the ASK HERE desk. Call ahead to ensure adequate staff to be able to answer your questions.
QPL’s tech tutors can teach you the following skills, so that you will be able to complete your digital tasks:
- Attaching something to an email
- Scanning an item with the document scanner
- Using Hoopla or OverDrive
- Basic assistance setting up an email account
- In-depth assistance using any of our databases
- Basic word processing (resumes)
- Mail Merge /Excel Spreadsheets
- Online job applications, creating email accounts
- Understanding Facebook, Windows 8 (or other OS);
- Assistance for first time navigation of eReaders, tablets or laptops
QPL’s tech tutors are not able to help with income tax, health insurance, credit reports, legal issues, or other personal business. We appreciate your understanding.
Reserve your time by calling 217-223-1309, extension 277, or fill out the Technology Tutor Online Form below.