Befuddled by technology? Book a free, private tutoring session to get help with your questions so that you can get your work done.
During your reserved appointment time, QPL staff members can help you learn or improve the digital skills you need to complete the following tasks:
- Assistance for first time navigation of eReaders, tablets or laptops
- Understanding, Windows or other operating systems
- Using a keyboard and mouse
- Understanding Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or other social media sites
- Basic word processing (resumes)
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Basic assistance setting up an email account
- Attaching something to an email
- Scanning an item with the document scanner
- Using Hoopla or OverDrive
- In-depth assistance using any of QPL’s online resources
- Searching and applying for jobs online
Tech Tutors provide assistance in a relaxed, pressure free environment, designed to help you build the skills you need to access the digital resources you want. Sessions will be tailored specifically to the skills, experience, and goals of the individual.
Tech Tutor sessions are intended for learning specific tasks that can be accomplished in one hour or less. QPL’s Tech Tutors reserve the right to determine if your technology needs can be met by QPL. If not, the Tech Tutor will work with you to research alternative resources in our community.
QPL’s Tech Tutors are not able to help with income tax, health insurance, credit reports, legal issues, or other personal business, or to do computer or hardware repairs. We appreciate your understanding.
Tech Tutor Services are provided by appointment only. To reserve your time, call QPL at 217-223-1309, extension 277, or fill out the Technology Tutor Online Form below.