Quincy Public Library provides value far exceeding the amount of tax funds allocated by the City of Quincy. QPL is supported by taxes collected from residents of the Quincy area, which are administered by the City of Quincy; by state funds; and by donations to the Library.
- Quincy Public Library staff work diligently to provide cost-effective programs of value and services of interest to our community’s residents.
- QPL serves more than 500 people per day.
- QPL programs and services are designed to help with learning and literacy for all ages, and include outreach to bring material to residents unable to visit the Library.
- Residents receive the use of $17 of material and programs at a cost of only $3 per person.
- QPL compares favorably to other libraries in Illinois.
Benefit and Impact
Studies have shown that libraries improve the quality of life within their community.
- Preschool readiness
- Higher reading achievement
- Improved high school graduation rate
- Improved job skills and job retention
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Improved long-term regional economic health
- Attractive community for business and families
- Convenient forum for civic discourse
- Firm foundation for future generations