Visit Quincy Public Library to research your family tree with QPL’s genealogy resources. Information housed in QPL’s Illinois Room and volunteers from Great River Genealogical Society make it easy for you!
Members of The Genealogical Society are available from 10 am to noon each Tuesday morning to help with ancestor searches. These volunteers can show you how to use local history material and point out additional options for researching your family. No appointment is needed.
Online resources are available at no charge to Quincy Public Library card holders.
- Heritagequestonline.com is available at the library or at your home, with a valid Library card
- Ancestry.com is available inside the Library building
- Historical Quincy Area Photo Collection
- Quincy Historical Newspaper Archive
- ProQuest Fold3 provides convenient access to US military records, including stories, photos and personal documents from the men and women who served.