Enjoy a wide variety of events and services geared to adults, including movies, technology, genealogy, lectures, book groups, discussion groups, and special events. View current events and reserve your space here. Or look through QPL’s Class and Event Guide (available online or in print at the library.) to see upcoming offerings.
Enjoy foreign films, Indies, Blockbusters, or Oldies but goodies each Monday at 1 and 5 pm. Popcorn and soda will be provided. Consult the current class and event guide for upcoming film titles. Visit the library calendar to get up-t-date information on movie titles and ratings and to make a reservation to attend a movie.
Computers and Technology
QPL has 28 computers available for public use. There is no charge for computer use. Reservations are available in one-hour blocks of time.
Technology workshops are held on various topics and at different days and times. Please check the current class and event guide for upcoming technology workshops.
Tech tutors are available to teach select tasks on your computer or device. Reserve your time with a tech tutor – stop at the ASK HERE desk at the library, call 223-1309 ext. 502, or complete the online form for your tech tutor appointment.
Discussion groups welcome participants to examine and respectfully discuss a variety of issues, from global ideas to personal thoughts. View the calendar to see the current discussion topics and to make a reservation to attend.
- Socrates Cafe meets at 10:15 am the second Friday of the month. Everyone is a philosopher and everyone is welcome to exchange thoughtful ideas and experiences.
- Candid Conversations meets on the second Saturday of every month at 10:15 am. Each meeting begins with a short video related to the topic discussion.
- Great Decisions meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 10:15 am. Great Decisions is a nationwide program on world affairs. Read the Great Decisions Briefing Book, watch the DVD and discuss the most critical global issues today.
Book groups are a great way for book-lovers to enjoy reading and the pleasure of each other’s company. They can be a useful discipline for encouraging you to read more, to read outside the genres you normally read, or simply as a way to make new friends and meet like-minded readers.
QPL’s book groups cover a wide range of topics and cross between fiction and non-fiction books. The groups meet at various times and locations.
- Renaissance Readers meet at QPL at 10:15 am the second Tuesday of the month. They read primarily nonfiction and classics.
- All Over the Page meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. alternating between several local venues.
- Unshelved meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 1 pm at QPL.
- The Bookies meet at 1:30 pm the first Wednesday of the month at QPL.
- Literary Angles book discussion group meets at 1:30 pm the third Tuesday of the month at QPL.
- Pardon Our Youth book group is geared to adults, ages 18 and up, who enjoy reading and discussing Young Adult literature. They meet the third Monday of each Month at QPL at 6 pm.
Call 223-1309 ext. 502 or visit the ASK HERE desk at the Library to sign up for an Adult Book Group.
You can also sign-up for the Book and Discussion Groups newsletter to see what we are reading each month!